Friday, January 30, 2009

You can never say "I love you" enough

MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments


Todays events have made me open my eyes up alot!


Well, recently a fellow employee of mine died at work. She was found laying on the floor at the front desk by a manager overnight. Tonight was her funeral, and me and a bunch of my fellow employees left work early to pay our respects. She was a very generous women who will be greatly missed. She was also very young (26) she died from an aneroism (however you spell it)

A few people went up and made speeches including some of my fellow employees. Some wrote her a poem. Her boyfriend was one of the last people to go up and i swear it made me cry. His greatest wish from everybody was to go home, look their significant other in the eyes and tell them you love them...because you never know what tomorrow holds for you.

My biggest fear has always been losing the ones i love the most. And for a long time when i was a little girl, i would always give my mom a hug and kiss goodbye and tell her i loved her because i was afraid it would be the last time i'd see her. Id cry my eyes out everytime she would leave because i was afraid. Ever since i was 3 i was afraid of my mother dying. And thats the honest truth. My mom told me that when i was 4 years old, i asked her where i would go if she ever died.

Well lately, for a few years now ive barely said i love you to my mom or my brothers. Even though i love them with everything i got and they know it. I mean, i tell my mom i love her, but not as much as i should. And for my brothers, i cant remember the last time i had said i love you. And i know there was a few times i told my mother i hated her :( because i was a stupid immature teenager back in the day. And i regret ever telling her that because its the complete opposite. I couldnt tell you how much i love my mother.

That changed today though. I texted my mom, and my two brothers during the funeral and told all three of them that i loved them. I even texted my two bestfriends and told them i loved them. And from now on, im going to make it a habit to tell them everyday more then once that i love them. At any minute, you can lose a loved one. And what will your last words be? I dont know about you but i would like my last words to be "I love you". Thankgod my last words to my Grandmom was i love you. I told her i loved her everytime i left. I would give her a hug and kiss all the time.

So like i was told at the funeral, My greatest wish for all you bloggers out there is to look your significant other in the eyes, and tell them how much you love them!! And make it a habit to tell everyone you love that you love them!

Well, on a more happy note! After the funeral, 10 of us went out to eat to dennys. A few of them were managers. We were all laughing the whole time. I had them all cracking up :) it was nice to actually go out to diner with employees, especially managers. It makes you feel important! I remember when i worked at this nursing home called Sunbridge, they would always go out to eat together but would never include me. And i would always be upset. And now i finally got that chance. I know it sounds corny but it really makes you feel special lol :)



3 comments:

  1. Great post and thanks for reminding us what is important in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's too bad that something bad has to happen to remind us of these things... but maybe thats why they happen. how many lives were touched by that speech he made? more than just your own i'm sure. i hope.

    my most recent "real" job is the first i've ever made friends that i would socialize outside of work. i enjoyed that too. makes work more fun, for sure. glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried to follow you but i keep getting an error message. will try again tomorrow. :) after blogger is of her period.

    ReplyDelete